Summertime is finally here bringing with it an abundance of sunshine and vacation time, family barbecues, beach trips, festivals, day camps, and outdoor sports to name a few. Needless to say, for Summer 2021, we are heading outside!
It’s going to be a summer full of excitement and exploration, and although some of us will be embarking on a series of new experiences, let’s remind one another not to stray too far from the positive lifestyle changes we have incorporated into our lives since last year.
This summer, when you and your friends or family hit the road for the next summer outing, pack the cooler with some healthy homemade alternatives to your favorite on-the-go snacks.
Bringing along DIY munchies:
- Saves money on eating out.
- Minimizes the temptation to eat fast food.
- Creates opportunities to bond over cooking.
- Helps diversify your diet.
Healthy Homemade Alternatives
Give one of these healthy homemade snacks a try this month, and be sure to check back with us for part two of our Healthy Homemade Summer series for even more ways to mix things up in the kitchen.
- Lunchables https://www.100daysofrealfood.com/homemade-healthy-lunchables/
- Fruit cups https://flouronmyfingers.com/mixed-berry-fruit-cups/
- Baked potato chips https://simple-veganista.com/rustic-baked-potato-chips/
- Fig Newtons https://www.hanielas.com/homemade-fig-newtons/
- Granola bars https://livesimply.me/homemade-no-bake-granola-bars/