With the days of summer winding down and the busyness of fall just ahead of us, it is a great time to participate in Lazy Day! On this August 10th celebration, the key is to press pause on all of life’s demands and do things that recharge you! Trust me, your to-do list will still be there tomorrow!
According to Merriam-Webster, the word pause means “to stop temporarily” or “to linger for a time.” Life can bring seasons where we feel overwhelmed with our schedules—juggling between work, raising our families, and navigating our relationships—and often, we feel the constant need to be in a rush to complete something. But this is not a sustainable way to live, and it is essential that we intentionally find the time to stop and be in tune with our bodies and minds.
Pressing pause on life gives us the gift of the present, the opportunity to experience calmness, and a chance to recharge so we can effectively manage our lives moving forward.
Here are some ways that you can press pause and make the most of your Lazy Day:
- Turn off your alarm and go with the flow of the day.
- Catch up on your favorite show or watch that movie you haven’t had the time to watch yet.
- Order from your favorite restaurant or treat yourself and go out to eat at a new restaurant.
- Grab an interesting book to get lost in. Bonus points for reading in the most desired location of your home like the patio or deck!
- Swim or lounge by the pool or take a visit to the beach.
- Participate in one of our Keys to Abundant Life classes such as yoga, sports, or art—whatever aligns with your interests and fills your cup!